Monday, October 7, 2019

Buckle Up! It's Gonna Be a Crazy Ride!

Dr. Kocs told me "You are mine" this week. Boy, he wasn't kidding. After meeting with Dr. Kocs and getting the labs done, Mike and I met with the scheduler for over an hour. Luckily, Texas Oncology has these cool calendars for patients to use to keep up with all their appointments; my new sidekick!

Here is what we have in store this week:
  •  Port installation - Tuesday 8 AM  - 1 PM 
    • Can't wait! Who doesn't want this thing in their chest that medical people can just "hook up" to? Think of all the time saved! And the veins! Save the veins!
    • I'll be in "LaLa Land" for this during the procedure, the rest of the day, and into Wednesday; that must be some potent stuff!
    • I am told there will be some activity restriction; I can't imagine what
    • I promise NOT to flash people and say "want to see my port?"
  • PET scan - Wednesday, time TBD
    • Putting me out for this too cuz I'm claustrophobic
    • I'm told it takes 2-4 hours .... in a tube
  •  Chemo Training
    • Mike and I learn the ins and outs of Chemo
    • How long, what to bring
    • Side effects
  • Chemo #1 - Friday @ 10; will take 4.5 - 5 hours each time
    • Rinse and repeat every Friday for min 8 weeks
    • I will lose my hair (what little I have) in about 2 weeks
    • I was thinking crazy wigs, but they get expensive
      • Moving on to "Hoorags" (https://www.hoorag.com)
      • Video looks cool; I will have uses for them even after chemo
  • MRI - Monday or Tuesday
    •  Checking to see if the monster is impacting my neck and/or spine
We need a "Name the Monster" contest for my very nasty tumor. I am open to suggestions.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, or on the HP theme - Bellatrix

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo!! I didn’t realize I could post here.

    I love the Bellatrix idea!!

    -Your favorite niece (Amanda in case you forgot)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, the dumb one was me, quite by accident. I couldn't figure out how to undo so happy you commented again. Wish I could claim chemo brain, but I haven't started chemo yet. Sigh ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. Hahaha. You're not dumb. I'm the one who couldn't figure out commenting....

    ReplyDelete

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...