Friday, October 11, 2019

Keeping It Real

When I started this blog, I vowed to myself to be transparent and stay true to who I am. Who knows if what I am going through or have gone through will help someone else.

In keeping with that promise, I must admit that today is scary. I am scared! I never wanted to experience dangerous chemicals invading my body. I know this is a necessary evil in beating Voldemort and ensuring me a longer life. Still, my stress level is off the charts and gets worse as the minutes tick by before we leave for chemo.

Breathe! In, out, in, out! I have got to calm the f*#@ down! Deep breaths …. in, out, in, out, in, out.

I am already feeling calmer. Who knew deep breathing can work so fast. Note to self: use this often!

We can do this! I can do this! Who am I to wimp out when millions of women ... and men … have gone through this before me.

Suck it up, Buttercup! Honor those that have been through this journey and have come out the other side just fine.

Okay, better now. Thanks for listening.

Time to kick butt!!





3 comments:

  1. I'll send you a link to a meditation. Don't knock it until you try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got this Mom! It's normal to be scared ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God

    ReplyDelete

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...