Friday, January 14, 2022

New Day by Alicia Keys

New Day by Alicia Keys   I do not own the rights to this music.

I picked this title for the content, not necessarily the song. But you can rarely go wrong with Alicia Keys :)

New chemo, new day.  Here's the skinney:

The new common name of the chemo is Trodelvy. The most common side effects are:

    Diarrhea or loose stools

    Nausea or vomiting

    Anorexia or Appetite Losess

    Constipation

    Alaopecia or Hair Loss

   Low White Blood Cell Count

TRODELVY® (sacituzumab govitecan-hziy) is a prescription medicine used to treat adults with triple-negative breast cancer (negative for estrogen and progesterone hormone receptors and HER2) that has spread to other parts of the body (metastatic) or cannot be removed by surgery, and who have received two or more prior treatments, including at least one treatment for metastatic disease.

My first treatment was a brutal day. I had to be there by 9:30 to get checked in, then off for labs. That was the first hiccup. My port had not been accessed in months so it took a blood clot remover to draw blood from it. That took about 40 minutes. Then wait on lab results (another 40 minutes), then the pharmacy (another 20 minutes or so), then we start the 3-hour infusion, only after they inject me with 5 pre-chemo meds to help with tolerance.  Bottom line, I wasn't out of there until about 3:30.  Ugh! The bad thing was halfway through the infusion, I started to feel nauseas. I fought through it and didn't get sick but I will ask if they can up the short term anti-nausea premeds next week.

I was exhausted and fought nausea on and off all night. Some of it was chemo related but most was excess mucus related. Damn cancer!!

However, I continue to gain stamina and strength every day. I no longer spend most of the day napping. Yay! Hope the chemo works!!

Keep prayers coming!

 

 

    


3 comments:

  1. I'll miss you forever, my friend <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was once suffering from Herpes virus and i spent a lot of money contacting
    several doctors all round the world for cure but no avail until i came
    in contact with this powerful Man called Dr Idahosa who cured me from
    Herpes virus with his Powerful herbal medication, He sent the Herbs to me via
    UPS courier services and i got it in just four days and i followed his prescription on
    how to use the herbal medicine and it worked perfectly. Now i am Herpes
    Negative when i did a test in defferences hospitals, Dont doubt it. please if
    you are living with any form of Deadly Diseases.
    Contact Dr Idahosa on his mail { dridahosasolutioncenter@gmail.com }
    And his Direct whatsapp number +2348134261542

    ReplyDelete

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...