Saturday, November 16, 2019

Cathy's Back and More

Cathy's back to fix me some more amazing goodies! But first, I cooked for her … and hubby. Believe it or not, I made a spinach and arugula lasagna for Thursday dinner. It was good. We still have some left over, so I think I will freeze some of it for a later date. I've come to appreciate making a bunch and freezing half for later!!

What's on the menu this weekend? Yummy stuff!
  • Chile verde soup
  • Potato soup - one of my favorite comfort foods
  • Pulled Pork
  • Dilly Bread
  • Chocolate sheet cake with fudge icing (for AJ's birthday)
  • Indian Tacos
  • Stuffed port tenderloin
  • Creamy potato casserole
  • Tomato Basil soup
Cathy and I started a new Christmas puzzle. I don't remember if we started Thursday night or Friday. Anyway, it was looking doubtful that we'd finish over the weekend, but it's now looking like we will finish Saturday night …. with a little help from my grandson AJ.

This weekend was suppose to include both of my grandsons, each with one on one time with Nana. Sadly, David came home from school with congestion and a nasty cough. We thought it best to keep him home. It was a good call. He came down with a nasty rash on his chest later in the evening. Nicole took him to the doctor Saturday morning. Turns out my baby has allergies and an upper respitory infection. He's feeling better but still a bit puny. That's okay. They stopped by for a few minutes after his appointment cuz they were close to the house. I put together a goodie bag for David with some of the special snacks I bought for his visit, plus a favorite bath bomb (both of my boys love the bath bombs; it's now a staple when they come to visit; I must have bath bombs on hand). David and I have reschedule our one-on-one for Thanksgiving weekend.

I have AJ from Saturday morning until Sunday afternoon. AJ just turned 15, so I am thankful that he still wants to spend time with his Nana. We are trying some new cookie recipes to see what we want to surprise the family with this year. AJ and I have been baking cookies together since he was 1 or 2. It is one of our favorite things to do. The first cookie we tried was a chocolate cookie with vanilla and chocolate icing with peppermint chunks. It's good, but quite messy. Not sure if it will make the family cut. Next up is snickerdoodles. We will start on the snickerdoodles as soon as I get off this computer. Then tomorrow we will try Mocha brownies. In between making cookies, AJ has helped a lot on our puzzle, one reason will may finish tonight. I also bought a new family game I want to try called Ticket to Ride London. They have several different versions of this very popular game. I want to see if it is as much fun as I've heard. If so, there may be a surprise for AJ and his family under the tree this year.

Off to make memories with my oldest grandson!  Chao!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are able to spend time with GS's! Grandkids can heal your mind/soul/heart like nobody else can:). I made a photo album for my oldest GS one yr for his bday. It was a special trip we had gone on by ourselves together. Those memories are priceless. Keep 'em going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My grandbabies are the best. I want to make sure we continue to make memories together. I like the idea of a picture album. I just know it's important, for me anyway, to spend quality time with my babies, sometimes one on one time, sometimes all together. They have my heart and feed my soul. Love spoiling them!!

      Delete

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...