Monday, December 23, 2019

Surpirse Visit

My friend Jen asked to stop by for a visit. Of course! Anytime!

Y'all know my friend, Jen. I've mentioned her more than once. Mother Earth, knower of all things to help you get through cancer, the most loving, caring, compassionate person I know. She always …. ALWAYS …. gives to others! Jen is a true gem.

Jen and I had a great visit! We talked cancer some, family, shared experiences, and I got more advice on what may come. We're both pleasantly surprised that I am handling chemo well. I have always suspected I was on chemo light, but Jen said something that stuck … maybe they take it slower for metastatic cancer because we are looking to prolong life. Things seem a bit more methodical. Regardless, metastatic treatment is a whole new ballgame.

Jen also came bearing gifts! And they could not be more perfect! Warm socks for the ice bath during chemo and a cup and saucer that I absolutely adore! I will post another picture soon with me pretending to be regal while I drink from my cup and saucer. Yes .... that will be a staged photo! I need to get dressed up, add my pink bow, and sip from my cup, pinky finger out and all!

Thank you, Jen! For the company and the presents!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...