Saturday, December 7, 2019

Why Voldermort is a Concern

As you know, I named my largest tumor Voldemort. He is the one messing with my carotid artery and Jugular vein.

Here is a description, from the October CT scan, that concern the doctors regarding the carotid artery and jugular vein:

There is a poorly delineated, highly infiltrative, and heterogeneously enhancing neoplastic mass measuring approximately 5 x 6 x 7 cm centered over the left mid to lower scalene musculature, diffusely involving the brachial plexus elements, invading the lower left internal jugular and upper brachiocephalic venins, with suspected intraluminal/intramural tumor thrombus at the lower irregular circumferential wall thickening of 4 - 6 mm, also suspicious for neoplastic mural infiltration. There is partial encasement of the mid common carotid artery without significant luminal narrowing.

The tumor mentioned has since gotten smaller, 32 x 25 mm in November vs 41 x 33 mm in October. But size and location continue to be a concern.

Here is a picture from the internet that may give you an idea of why people are a bit nervous:



I have asked for the images from the CT and PET scans but I haven't received them yet. I will continue to push, as I want to see what this monster looks like.

Am I worried? Not really. The chemo is doing its job. And as long as Voldemort continues to shrink, we're in good shape. The next PET/CT scan is already scheduled for February, so I look forward to the results of that testing.

Continued prayers are appreciated. I'll call on my Patronus to help as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...