Monday, January 6, 2020

Voldemort Hard to Evict

Chemo day on Friday. Whoop! Party!!  We met with the PA on Friday.  Once again. blood levels are great! I did have some questions for Hannah this time:
  1. What can I take for my congestion from allergies? Who drives the bus on normal "illness"? I can take Mucinex or Mucinex D if I want. Dr. Kocs is still driving the bus. I call them only if what I am coughing up is changing color to indicate we are getting infected. So far so good on that front, but the coughing is driving me nuts. I feel like I always have something stuck in my throat. 
  2. I go ahead and schedule my other regular doctor appointments, specifically my eye doctor and my bone guy. I will get those scheduled for early February since I am out already for my PET. May as well make it a doctor day.
  3. Once we kill the cancer, will we still need to watch "Voldemort"?  YES!
What What!?  Voldemort is still a crap shoot and we will be in wait and see mode for quite a while now. Even if …. when …. we kill the cancer, we still have to be diligent and make sure Voldemort doesn't rear his ugly head again. Just because we kill the cancer does not mean that lymph node automatically extricates itself from my carotid artery. Radiation may be an option later. It may not, because of the location. Some other localized treatment? Possible, possibly not. Again, location, location, location.

The big question is how do we monitor this? Voldemort is hiding deep so we can't see or feel him, we just know he's there. He doesn't have his own set of symptoms, so no help there. PET or CT every three months? I think there is only so much radiation a body can take, even for these tests.

Needless to say, this news bummed me out. Pissed me off, really! Who does he think he is, just moving into my life and doing what he wants, when he wants, where he wants?  Asshole!!

We are still taking things a few weeks at a time. Now we are on an eight-week schedule and not just a four week schedule. That's improvement. I have less than a month away for my next PET. That date can't come soon enough. I want to see where we are and make sure the chemo is still working. I know one of these days, hoping years down the road, the meds won't work anymore. 

Until then, we dance!

Oprah Winfrey
“Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance.”
Oprah Winfrey



No comments:

Post a Comment

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...