Saturday, May 9, 2020

Dr. Kocs and PET results discussion

I had a brief telemedicine visit with Dr. Kocs during lunch on Wednesday to discuss the PET results.

Overall, the results are good. Lymph nodes in neck and chest have been shrinking. The liver is larger; more on that later. There are possibly two new problematic lymph nodes in my right upper abdomen. The larger liver and new areas of concern triggered a brief panic and pity party. Then I talked to nurse Stephanie; she always helps "cool my jets". This was all pre-Dr. Kocs conversation.

The real story here is the overall drop in metabolic activity, some dramatically so. Dr. Kocs and I discussed this, but it wasn't until I was updating my spreadsheet today that I realized just how much has improved. Regarding the two new lymph nodes that showed up? Dr. Kocs is not convinced these are new, mainly because of the misreading of the last CT results and the timing of the previous scan. We are taking a wait and see approach on the newbies. The liver? Yes, it has increased, but the drop in metabolic rate is indicating this sucker is dying.

Some think I am a bit "cray-cray" for tracking bloodwork and scan results on my spreadsheets, including members of my own family. HA! Seeing the changes in the suv rate side by side is what made it real for me. I love my spreadsheets. I am a very, very happy girl today.

Here is the comparison:

Description/Location 12/02/19 - CT/PET 2/13/20 - CT/PET 5/1/20 - CT/PET
IIa Lymph Node 8 x 13 suv max 3.4 9x15 mm suv max 9.2 suv max 9.0
Iib Lymph Node   suv max 8.4 suv max 2.6
Left supraclavicular bulky adenopathy 25 x 32 suv max 8.9 32 x 27 suv max 14.4 suv max 6.6
Left axillary node - Voldemort 8 x 13 suv max 4.3 9 x 18 suv max 11.3 suv max 2.7
Left pectoralis intramuscular lesion 13 x 10 mm    
Nasal Thing (inflamed thornwaldt cyst? 11x11 suv max 3.6 11x11 suv max 6.4 decreased suv max 3.7
Liver   1.1 x 1.3 max suv 16.3 20 x 19 max suv 10.9
Right Axillary node (Abdomen and Pelvis) Previously normal 7 x 10  suv max 8.5 suv max 1.7
New bilateral metabolically active axillary and internal mammary lymph nodes   Increased in size, number, and activity No mention
New metabolically active cardiophrenic lymph node   From this scan No mention
New porta hepatis node right upper abdomen     max suv 9.9
Preval node right upper abdomen    
max suv 4.5


So .... we stay the course! Whoop!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...