Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Hair? Where? There!

When I was first diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer and started on my chemo treatment, I was told I would lose my hair. As many of you know, I took matters into my own hands and shaved my head …. three times. My hair has thinned out a bit, but I have never been bald except after I went to the barber (which is a cool experience, if you are so inclined to shave your head).

I have lost most of my eyebrows and my eyelashes. They look weird. I can pencil in the brows (ha! I can't wait to see how bad I botch that!!) and I can buy fake lashes. Problem solved on the eye front.


But …. my hair is growing back. With a vengeance! And the strangest thing? It is coming in dark! I look like a reversed skunk … white with a dark stripe down the middle of my head.

I feel like an old man with a comb over!

Even though my hair is growing fast, it isn't long enough for a cut or even shaping. But it's getting there! Can't wait to see my favorite hair stylist Amy Salas! Maybe a couple of months? We'll do something fun. I see pinks, purples or blue in my future!!

Can you see the hair sticking out from my neck or behind my ears in this next picture? Sometimes is sticks out everywhere. It is out of control. Patience ….

I look like a turtle!








No comments:

Post a Comment

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...