Friday, July 17, 2020

Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)

Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) - Kelly Clarkson

I have been posting "happy" songs on my Facebook timeline every day for a while now. I call it the Pandemic Happiness challenge. It helps. I also started posting what I call cancer "fight songs" on chemo days. So far, I've posted the Rocky theme song and Eye of the Tiger. My next cancer fight song is going to be the one referenced above. I think it's an appropriate "kick cancer to the curb" song. Hope you take a listen and keep cancer patients in mind.

So, what is going on, cancer wise? This is my off week. My next session is Friday, July 24. Is it working? Who knows. Here is what I do know:

  • I feel "weird" the first two or three days post chemo. It's almost like a painkiller hangover .... a bit loopy, a little out of sorts. Weird.
  • I am taking hot baths almost daily now
    • My "go-to" when I am feeling out of sorts
  • The one tumor I can feel seems a bit smaller, but that could be wishful thinking
  • I can still "feel" my liver, just not as much; I think that's a good thing

From a bloodwork perspective, my white blood cell counts are at 4.3 (4.8 is normal), the highest they have been since February. Oh, yeah! Red blood cell counts are low, so we need to keep on eye on those. Liver enzymes are holding steady in normal ranges. All in all, positive results.

I keep gaining weight. I am the heaviest I've ever been, including when I was about to pop out a baby! I feel bloated, fat, and overall disgusting. My clothes don't fit. Thank goodness I am working from home because my work clothes are either too small or I feel miserable in them. Definitely something to talk to Dr. Kocs about on Friday.

I am thinking about asking Dr, Kocs for a nutritionist and/or a holistic oncologist to compliment the chemo we are doing. I heard when the liver isn't functioning normally, then it can cause weight gain. Considering our main concern right now are the tumors in my liver, I can't help but wonder if they are playing a part into my new found obesity. I know my thyroid has been out of whack and we recently upped those meds. I go back in four weeks for another blood test to see if more tweaks are in order. It could be thyroid related. Regardless, I HATE IT!! The worst part? I am not even eating ice cream or homemade cookies .... and I continue to gain weight!!

I am finishing up a one week vacation. I didn't go anywhere, obviously. But I did try to get out in the mornings, walk, and take pictures. I had a great day today, photography subject wise. Here are a few I like:

 Paloma Lake path

My advise? Find whatever feeds your soul. Feed it often!
 Brushy Creek

A funky shot of the bottom of a bridge. I always look for funky.
 Brushy Creek

I gravitate toward water shots of any kind. I love waterfalls, even man-made ones.
Brushy Creek

Love shots where you get a mirror image in the reflection. This is one of my favorites. I might even print and hang this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...