Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Things That Make You Go Hmmmm

 Thinks That Make You go HMMM

Strange title for the blog, but I think very appropriate. The tune is quite catchy as well.

The thing making me go "Hmmmm" are the results from my latest PET:



What the heck is this left infrahilar lymph node that is misbehaving? Can I get a treatment that kicks butt on everything and not pick and those? Asking for a friend.

Needless to say, Dr. Kocs and I have things to discuss on Friday. Overall, the results are not bad but they aren't exactly stellar. Considering the past six months, though, I'll take it over the alternative.

Several things to discuss with Dr, Kocs on Friday;

  • PET results
  • Do we stay the course?
  • Do we try to  hit it harder? I don't want to give this stuff a chance to get comfy in my body
  • Do I do routine preventative tests (colonoscopy, pap smear)
  • Do I take the flu shot?
  • What about the pneumonia shot?
  • Can I go visit my son for Thanksgiving if COVID calms down?
    • We will all self quarantine for two weeks prior 
    • Bring food when traveling so we don't have to stop for that
    • Watch COVID rates in states we go through; if on the rise "no; if not, okay providing we follow all safety precautions?
  • Can we ever get to NED?
While looking for this left infrahilar lymph node, I finally found some really cool pictures with the names and locations of many lymph nodes! Guess what I am going to do this weekend? I am going to check the pictures and see if I can find the lymph nodes mentioned in my scans so I know what they are taking about. I will certainly share if I can figure it out. If I can't figure it out, I will need to convince super nurse Stephanie to assist.

Boring, I know. I will post again this weekend after I talk to Dr. Kocs.

Think happy thoughts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...