Saturday, April 10, 2021

One Day You Will

One Day You Will by Lady Antebellum - I do not own the rights to this music.

This is a song of hope. Facing dark times, knowing better days are ahead. This is what I hang on to. This is what I fight for ... better days ahead.

PET results are in. Whee! Once again, we have mixed results. It isn't good, but it isn't all bad. Here is a summary:

  • Liver
    • One slight progression
    • One slight decrease
    • One unchanged
  • Lymph Nodes - there is a lot of lymph node involvement
    • Nearly all cervical nodes show significant decrease
    • Mixed response in the thorax nodes
      • Two show progression
      • Two show significant decrease
      • One new active one showing uptake
    • Overall progression in the abdomen 
      • What? These have never shown up before or at least were not mentioned
      • Left and right common iliac
      • Porta hepatis increased
      • Gastrohepatic decreased
  • Bones
    • New; this is disappointing
    • Uptake in right aspect of L1 vertebral body suggesting early metastasis
    • Focus of uptake in the lateral right fourth rib barely conspicuous
    • Can we zap these?
  • Overall
    • Mixed response of FDG and lymphadenopathy
    • Somewhat mixed response of hepatic metastatic disease
    • Couple new FDG avid osseous metastases (bones)
So ... not great, not all bad. Am I surprised? By the new bone mets, yes. Overall results? No. I expected mixed results. Still hoping for NED (no evidence of disease) someday. Hope is a must!

Mike and I meet with Dr. Kocs on Wednesday to go over the results and next steps. I honestly can't predict what next steps will be. Stay the course or try something new? I can make an argument for both. Meanwhile, I'll keep doing what I can to keep up my stamina, my strength, and remain hopeful. Despite the results, I feel fine. If there is a silver lining it is the fact I feel good.

I went off the vegetarian band wagon during PET preparation. I made a new batch of lentil soup, thinking I could eat that before my PET. I was wrong. ARA called me before I had to start the special high protein low carb diet pre-PET and basically told me I could not eat my lentil soup. My only options, to stay vegetarian, was to eat leafy greens with oil and vinegar for dressing. Uh .... NO! So I finally broke down and bought a rotisserie chicken. That is all I ate beginning at noon on Tuesday. Nothing but water on Wednesday until after the PET. I lost two pounds.

I am now back ON the vegetarian band wagon and I look forward to trying some dishes my sister posted on Facebook. This girl will be cooking this weekend. I am also on the hunt for a good smoothie recipe book, one that explains the health benefits of each smoothie. If its just to give you a natural sugar rush, I'll pass. 

I will post again once we talk to Dr. Kocs. Meanwhile, here are some pictures of the lymph nodes in the abdomen and the 4th rib and L1:















4 comments:

  1. Fuck cancer! I'm sure that isn't helpful to say, but that is definitely what I feel. You continue to be so strong and positive. A lesser person, like me, would be in a puddle on the floor. You inspire me with your grace, always have. Hoping Dr. Kocs has a good plan for all this. Love you tons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fuck cancer is an appropriate response! I second that opinion!! I admit I shed a tear or two at 4 AM out of frustration. Hoping we can do something about the L1. That concerns me most of all. Other than that, I will stay MY course.

      Delete
  2. Seems like cancer is a lot of mixed results. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Luckily, tumor markers are heading down. I wonder if they rebounded during my off week. I hope not! Thanks for the hugs. Back atcha!! We'll see what the doc has to say. I'm thinking stay the course and give it a shot, at least another round. Regardless, wearing my animal print shoes, my chemo queen shirt, and will dance the cancer away during chemo on Friday :)

    ReplyDelete

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...