Sunday, October 13, 2019

Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day

Today is Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day!

I just happen to see this on social media today. I didn't even know there is a special site for MBC patients. Yay! I think I will be spending more time on this site.

Here is the link if you are interested:

Metastatic Breast Cancer Network

I also encourage you to view the "What is Metastatic Breast Cancer?" tab. Here is the link specifically to this information:

What is Metastatic Breast Cancer

Please honor those you love that have battled or are battling this disease by educating yourself on metastatic breast cancer. 

There is a quick list of approximately 31 facts pertaining to MBC under the awareness tab. I encourage everyone to take a peak. 

Thirty percent of those diagnosed with early stage breast cancer will metastasize to MBC. Look at me - diagnosed with Stage 1B, 7% chance for a recurrence. Excellent prognosis for a long, breast cancer free life. Initial treatment consisted of surgery and a pill every day for up to 10 years. Six years later to the month of my initial diagnosis, and I find out I have MBC. What a kick in the teeth. I asked my doctor what I did wrong. His response? "Nothing. Someone has to be part of the 7% and you're it." How special!

So, here we are. Am I giving up? Absolutely not! I'm am going to do everything I can to live my best life everyday. That doesn't mean I won't have a down day every now and then or I won't succumb to a pity party - I am human after all.

Anyway, please honor me and those you love by learning about this horrible disease. 

Much love and appreciation in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...