Monday, October 14, 2019

MRI Day!

The past few weeks have been filled with so many tests and procedures, it makes my head swim.  Two neck and throat ultrasounds, 2 CT scans, 1 fine needle biopsy, 1 core biopsy, 1 port placement, 1 PET scan, 1 chemo treatment, and now …. MRI! 

The doctor wants to know if sneaky Voldemort (my biggest tumor and the biggest pain in my neck - literally) is impacting my neck and spine in any way. He has done such a good job of winding himself around all kinds of things in that region, it wouldn't surprise me, especially since I have this nagging pain in the back of my neck that I typically equate to allergy headaches. Except I am not having any allergy issues right now. Sigh!

The nurses did a preemptive strike and ordered drugs to help combat my claustrophobia. Does this mean I will be in a tube this time? I'm told the meds will make it so I won't care. I just took my 11:45 pill; I believe this will do the trick. On my way to "not caring". Surprised it kicked in so fast. Hope hubby doesn't have to scrape me off the floor and pour me into the car.

Leaving this here so you can experience my Vicodin frame of mind.
Getty dizzy and cant't typel will edit and update when I'm donel'

We arrive a little early, I sign a bunch of forms, politely tell them I am not paying them a dime, then wait my turn. I was called in so fast it made me jump. Believe it or not, the initial wackiness has worn off but I still remain calm. Hmmm - who da thought?

Since they had to inject the dye, once again I get "stuck" and they put in an IV. My vein is still bruised from the last assault. Turns out, this was a messy team putting in AND taking out the IV. They had to clean me up afterward. That is a new experience for me, one I don't care to repeat. 

The staff were super nice. I was given a ball thing that I could squeeze in case I started to freak out. I am happy to say, this girl DID NOT SQUEEZE!! Which is a bit surprising considering I was in there for a long time. They actually did two MRIs: one without dye, one with dye. I didn't get out of the room until 2:00 PM! I was expecting 30 minutes, maybe 40. But an hour +? Hubby was getting ready to send in a search party.

Results in 24-hours. Tomorrow is a big day. I go into the office for the first time in a while. I think a mid-day nap is in order.  Later!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...