Sunday, October 27, 2019

What's on the Menu?

Everything! Cathy is back this weekend and cooking up a storm! She won't be back for a few weeks and wants to make sure baby sister has all the goodies she needs (baby sister = me).

Cathy made a great white ginger coffee cake after she got here. She also made me another frittata for breakfast before chemo. After chemo she made a fabulous port tenderloin and sweet potato hash (so good!). She also made tomato basil soup, some to keep in the fridge and some to freeze.

Today is Sunday and Cathy leaves tomorrow. She kicked into a whole new cooking gear. So far this morning, she has cooked:
  • Quiche
  • Banana muffins
  • Peanut Butter pie for Nash's birthday dinner tonight
  • Roast is in the oven for Nash's birthday dinner
  • Twice baked potatoes 
  • A second white ginger coffee cake to freeze
I'm exhausted …. and salivating …. just watching her cook! Obviously, she had no idea I was taking this picture. But it seemed so appropriate, with the island covered with utensils and ingredients!

I feel so fortunate and grateful that my sister came to take care of me for a few days!


1 comment:

  1. Your article is extremely useful.Everyday your diary inspire ME nice deal} and helped to develop one thing new like I actually have developed a replacement app dr. ryan shephard this is often great and pleasurable.Thanks for the awing posts , please keep updated often.

    ReplyDelete

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...