Saturday, November 30, 2019

1st Series of Chemo - Done; Correction - Two out of 6 months complete

Whoo Hoo!  I'm done!  For now, any way!

My blood work came back great! I am still not in the "avoid crowds" range yet, even though I was told to expect that after my fourth round of Taxol. I'm not surprised. I don't get sick, I just get cancer!

They put me in the back room on Wednesday. Punishment or reward? It's quieter, that's for sure. It took a while for my "orders" (orders = drugs) to come in, so I had a good 45 minutes of dance time before I get laid out by the Benadryl. As usual, most people ignored me. There was one guy who pretended to ignore me but would open one eye periodically to see what I was up to. One lady gave me the thumbs up; she likes to dance every morning herself! The nurses loved it. More importantly, I had fun. It makes me happy plus I get in some much needed exercise.

I wasn't sure what to expect after this latest chemical dump in my body, so soon after my last one. I did okay, but the nausea hit me early and often. It didn't interrupt Thanksgiving dinner, though. I rested a lot on Friday, took a couple of hot baths. A hot bath is my go to comfort activity when I am feeling assaulted. Nausea did that to me. I never actually got sick, but I got close once. 

I took an anti-nausea pill Friday night and I regret it. It stopped the nausea/acid reflux so I could sleep, but I woke up feeling like a zombie. I am just now, several hours later, started to feel normal. I hate taking pills if I can avoid it for this very reason.

What's next? Scans on Monday, Dr. Koc on Friday. I'm not gonna lie, I am nervous about Monday. Praying for the best, stealing myself for the worst. Any extra prayers or good juju sent my way would be appreciated!

I'll check in after test results and visit with Dr. Kocs on next steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...