Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Midnight Musings

Well, technically 3 AM. Sam woke me up "cleaning" his feet; dang, he's loud! We think it's allergies. Regardless, I couldn't go back to sleep, so here we are.

Although a diagnosis metastatic breast cancer totally sucks, I am blessed in so many ways:
  • I have a hubby who "gets me" and is comfortable with letting me be me, even though it can be embarrassing at times (for him, not for me)
  • I have amazing kids who have turned into adults any parent can be proud of, most notably their compassion for others, diligent work ethic, love of family, protector of all children, and fur baby fanatics
  • I have siblings, siblings-in-law, and extended family who truly have my back and are in this fight with me, each in their own way, whether it be a random call, a text, a blog or Facebook comment, homemade warmth, surprises out of nowhere, healthy and yummy food; the list is endless; I need more thank you cards!
  • Co-workers who make sure I eat, drink my water, get my exercise, and won't let me overdo it; they always ask how I'm doing
  •  A boss who makes sure my health is number one priority and works with me on my scheduling so I can continue to be a productive team member while going through treatments
  • Several friends that check in on me on a regular basis
  • A medical team that continues to look out for me and always answer my questions and concerns with frank honest discussions; invaluable to me
I am also grateful for my new King size bed! I thought I could have more than a sliver of the bed; I can, but I have to fight for it. Sam decides he needs to take up all available space. He glares at me when I "encourage" him to lay lengthwise so I can have some space.

I am also very happy that I found my wireless mouse while cleaning out nightstands in preparation of the new furniture arriving soon. Add new batteries and we're good to go. Seriously! This little discovery made me very happy!

Cancer sucks! But life is good!

Back to bed!

1 comment:

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...