Saturday, December 14, 2019

Chemo #10

Ten down, 14 more to go. Almost halfway there!

I have to meet with the PA every time I go in this month. I think they are waiting for my blood levels to start dropping. Actually, my red blood cell count is lower than they'd like to see but the hemoglobin levels are fine, so it counter balances the red blood cell count. I am still no where near the "stay away from crowds" levels.

I get the standard questions. Are you in pain? No. Are you fatigued? No. Side effects? Some but not worth adding more meds to counter act them. Actually, I find out the acid reflux could be a result of the heavy steroids they give me. Hmmmm. I believe there is some over the counter stuff I can take to help with that. Nothing personal against the PA, but I think the visit is a waste of $40.

Another irritation about seeing the PA every time this month, is that it cuts way into my dancing time. I go in, head to the infusion room, get my labs drawn from the port, head to the area wher I wait to be called back for the PA, visit with the PA, then head back to the infusion room. By the time I get back, they are already pulling my meds. I have very little time to dance before here they are with the Benadryl. I can't dance after they shoot me up with Benadryl. I can't even keep my eyes open, but Lord I try. I need to find a way to get some dancing time in with this new schedule, especially when I am using it as a form of exercise to shed some pounds. Even more urgent after seeing the huge woman in my PET scan images.

Now I have to project manage dancing time. Let's do it before I lose my "dancing queen" title!

Other than that, chemo is getting to be routine and uneventful. Rinse and repeat every Friday through April 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...