Saturday, December 14, 2019

CT and PET Images

I picked up the CT and PET images on Friday when I went in for chemo.

The images were put on a CD by the ARA Diagnostic Imaging folks. It is really pretty cool. I get a CD with all the images, the software to view the images, and instructions on how to load the images. There is even a number I can call for tech support. Very nice! It also comes with the written analysis of the scans, which I already have, but still a very nice touch on ARA's part.

I put in the CD, open the viewer, select the scan I want to view and it begins to load the 1800+ images. What the hell was I thinking? First, I need a more robust computer than my old laptop because loading these images is slooooowwww. Second, I have some idea what I am looking at but barely. Third, I really need an X-ray tech to explain this stuff. All I want to see is Voldemort! 

One of the first things that came to mind is this girl needs to shed some pounds. Not a pretty picture, I assure you. The next thing that jumped out at me is my spine is not in great shape in the beginning stages of osteoporosis. I think I've always had more curve in my spine than what is normal but it looks worse than I thought. Getting old is a bitch! I am sure my bone doc will have a field day with this stuff. Sigh.

Who am I kidding? Myself, obviously. You know …. Wonder Woman? She can do it all? That's a crock! Well, when it comes to reading PET scans anyway. I am sure I will figure it out eventually but it isn't going to be a fast learning process. I still want to see the big asshole (Voldemort) that is causing all the hoopla.

Guess what I'll be doing over Christmas break?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...