Sunday, December 22, 2019

Chemo #11

Another Friday, another chemo session complete. Once again, chemo is quickly becoming a non-event. I hope the trend continues.

First up, blood work, then visit with the PA. Believe it or not, my blood levels are still good. Hannah described the results as perfect. My blood work is perfect. Anyone switching the viles?

I got some dancing time in this go around. One of the other patients heard me ask the nurse if I had time to dance before my meds were ready. The patient says "now this I gotta see". Next thing you know, nurses are chiming in saying I've got some moves. No pressure! I can't remember what I danced to other than it included some Aretha and some Michael Jackson.

Once the meds get there and I get the Benadryl, it's lights out. I slept during most of it, mainly so I can handle the ice packs. I figure it's easier if I can sleep through it. There was a lady across from me getting chemo for the first time and they asked her if she wanted ice packs. I told her she definitely should do the ice to avoid neuropathy, but she may want to wait until her next session when she is more prepared with protection for her hands and feet. She agreed.

Once again, we were out by noon! See? Non-event. Home and nap. Then make fudge and wrap presents. Happy Holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...