Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Halfway There!

Hi all!

Friday, December 27th, was the half-way mark for chemo! Twelve sessions down, twelve more to go!
I am still handling chemo quite well, with very few side effects. My white and red blood cell counts continue to be strong, much to everyone's surprise.

I still haven't lost all of my hair, although there are signs it is definitely thinning out. I don't regret shaving it off early. I think the sporadic thinning over time would drive me bonkers! I may even shave my head a third time. We'll see.

Regardless, chemo is now my new normal and a non-event. I wonder where we go after we finish the Taxol?

I look forward to the PET scan scheduled for early February. I want to see how we're doing on kicking cancer to the curb, specifically Voldemort!

My only complaint? Allergy side effects. We had cedar fever really bad in the Austin area right before Christmas. I got hit with it like hundreds of others. Although I am not running any fever, I am still coughing up gunk (still white, some light yellow in color). I still feel as if I have congestion in my throat and/or my chest. I am not sure who to go to about this. Dr. Kocs? Dr. Zook? I have a chemo session on Friday, where I think we meet with the PA; I will bring it up.

Until then, everyone have a safe and happy New Year's Eve!  May 2020 be all you hope it to be and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...