Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Cathy, Blood Levels, and Weekend Fun!

Cathy is back for a quick stay! She got in earlier than expected and folded my clothes. I felt bad because I didn't finish that chore the night before; I thought I would have time. I still appreciate the help. She also took Sam on a couple of walks; actually, more like Sam took her. He knows a variety of routes and many times we let him lead the way. Cathy also made sure I eat well while she is in town. She made me two quiches, pork tenderloin, and sweet potato hash (to die for … seriously). As always, it was great to see my sister, even if for a little while.

Not a lot going on right now, cancer wise. My blood levels continue to drop, but not to the degree I thought they would from last week. As a reminder, here are the levels from last week:

February 28:
    • White blood cell count = 3.3 in a range of 4.8 - 10.8
    • Red blood cell count = 3.81 in a range of 4.2 - 5.4
    • Neutrophil (ANC) = 1.6 in a range of 1.5 to 6.5
For some reasons, my March 6 labs are not posted (I've reminded the office to post the latest labs). However, the PA told me white blood cell count was 3.0 compared to 3.3 from last week. Low, but not as low as I was expecting considering how much they dropped from one week to the next. Overall, I'm pleased that they haven't dropped any lower. I am still not pleased with cancer monitoring. Hubby and I meet with Dr. Kocs on Friday afternoon, so I am anxious to see what other options he has in mind.

The good news? I was told I could go to see Gabriel Iglesias aka "Fluffy" on Friday night; just be smart. Wash hands, hand sanitizer, stay away from anyone coughing or sneezing. We left the house at 6:30 and got to our seats right before or after 8 PM, starting time. There were still tons of people milling around, looking for seats, etc. The show did not start on time. It was nice that they waited a  to get most people in their seats before they started; traffic and finding a place to park was a bear! Even though the entire show was behind, "Fluffy" did not short change his fans. He closed the show almost an hour later than planned. We didn't get back to our car until 11:30, then out of the parking garage until midnight. No matter, a good time was had by all.

If you don't know "Fluffy", here is a link to one of his signature bits:


Some "colorful" language, but not much. Worth watching the whole thing to the end.  Enjoy!

I will post again this weekend and update you on blood levels (they should go up as this is my "off" week) and monitoring plan, if one exists.

Meanwhile, wash hands often, don't go to work if sick, stay away from sick people, and use basic common sense.  Later ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...