Wednesday, May 20, 2020

What's New Pussycatt?

What's New Pussycat?  Dates us, doesn't it!!

Anyway, what's new? Let' start with the not so fun stuff.

When I last got my shots, it turns out one of the ladies may have nicked a nerve. My right bum and upper thigh hurt ... bad. The doctor told me to take 800 mg of Ibubropen every six hours for two to three days and hope it goes away. Great! Icy Hot helps at night. 

My grandsons and I cooked dinner and dessert together Tuesday night via Zoom. I took the ingredients and recipes to my daughter on Sunday. We both fixed a simple chicken casserole and the staple, Apple Crisp, for dessert. Fun was had by all. We decided we need to do this again soon. Next time, David will cook the main course;  AJ and I will do what we do .... try a new cookie recipe. Sometimes we have a hit, sometimes not so much. It's a crap shoot, but we love it! Can't wait for next time. 

Confession. I hugged my granddaughter Hazel for the first time in months when I dorpped off the ingredients for our virtual cooking session. I picked her up, she snuggled in, and I hugged her tight for ten minutes or so, crying for five of those ten minutes. This is the hardest part about social distancing .... hugging my babies, big and small. I need to find a creative way to safely hug my grandsons, too.

Packages continue to arrive at a steady clip at the Bishop house. What has been delivered so 
far this week?
  • Bark Box for the pups
  • More coffee and a mug for me (late mother's day present)
  • My new laptop (whoop!)
  •  Art
  • Comic Books
  • Meat
  • Dinner (Bacon wrapped stuffed chicken) from Bow Ties 2 Blue Jeans (YUM!)
And the week isn't over yet!!  Most of this was ordered by hubby or my son. I ordered the artwork. It's a canvas Picasso print. I love it! Hubby is going to hang it by our bedroom door this weekend. 

I am taking off Friday so I will have a long weekend! On my to do list is hang tons of pictures, placques, and my fun stuff in my office. I will post picture(s) when I am done. I've only had this on my plate for about three months. Can we say "procrastinate"?

What else? Oh yeah. I think my thyroid is on vacay! We are having issues getting thyroid levels under control. I've gained 5 pounds in a week. I feel like a beached whale about now. What to do? Well, I walked to the lake at lunch; its a three mile round trip. I will continue to do that every day, weather permitting. 

Rant time! So I go on a 3-mile walk around the lake today, wearing my mask. Is it hot? Yes! Did I want to take it off? Yes! Did I? No! But everyone I came across, runners, cyclists, people at the playground, people walking their dogs, not one had on a mask! Do they not understand that even when you talk, droplets can linger for up to 8 minutes!

I don't wear the mask to protect me but to protect others. I wish my neighbors were as courteous! So frustrating! I am re-thinking this lake walk thing because of the number of inconsiderate people I run into. This could put me at risk.

I am suppose to start my beginner Yoga class on Saturday the 6th. I am a little anxious but prcautions are in place. I have to order a Yoga mat. Oh Good! Another package for the Bishop house!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...