Friday, June 12, 2020

Hello

Hello? It's me...

It's Fabulous Friday! What a glorious day! Make it a good one.

So, what's been going on? Pandemic still raging. People still thinking only of themselves and not the public at large. But … I can't change that. I can only control me. I will continue to err on the side of caution, wearing a mask every time I am in public, exercising social distancing, wiping everything down with sanitary wipes at every turn. Stay safe, everyone!

I heard about a Happiness Challenge. It is to make a conscious effort every day, all day to be happy. I can't think of a better time to do that than now. Our world is changing and emotions are running high: the Pandemic, protests all over the world, my butt is spreading, and my cancer is misbehaving (more on that later).

So... I have accepted what I refer to as the Pandemic Happiness Challenge. One way I am spreading the cheer is through music. Who doesn't love music? Everyday I am posting a new song that always makes me happy, whether it puts a dance in my step, a song in my soul, or a smile on my face. I can't think of a better way to start the day.

I also bought a stand up desk for my home office (still have my huge built in for times when I want or need to sit). When I was in the office, I rarely sat down, unless in a meeting in a conference room. I would put on my ear buds and dance all day. People made fun, but I didn't care. It made me happy. Which is why I bought a stand-up desk for my office. And I dance the day away. It makes me happy.

I also started online Yoga and Zumba classes. I must admit, Yoga is harder than people think. Of course, most of that is one me cuz I am so out of shape. The meditation and relaxation is nice; provides an overall calming effect. I do my first Zumba class today. I know I will love this one ... I can dance for an hour with an instructor but no one will see me look like a goober ... except for my family, but they are used to me looking like a goober.

On to the cancer front. This is where Debbie Downer comes in (but I don't let her stay long ... just sayin'). My CA 27-29 tumor markers are up. What is alarming to me is that my cancer has NEVER triggered tumor markers. It is not uncommon for this to happen when starting a new chemo, but then it settles down in a couple of months, or so I've been told. Regardless, it is alarming.

The tumor marker started going up in April. Normal is in the 30's; mine was at 46 in April. From last Friday, I am now at 69. So...I messaged my doctor to see when we needed to start taking this stuff seriously. Obviously, something is going on. We just don't know what. Solution? I go in for bloodwork again on 6/19 to check the tumor markers. If still on the rise, then we try to move my PET up from end of July to end of June. We need to show this progression to give us more ammunition with the insurance companies on approving the PET. I must say, my insurance company is approving these more now that they've fired their third part company that was handling approvals in the past (approvals is misleading; this company's typical response was deny, deny, deny. It was always a battle).

My biggest fear is a new cancer. After all, I am a cancer magnet. Or that my current chemo protocol quit working. Remember when that happened last time, we lost all progress and had to start over? I don't want to repeat that again. So, I have been fierce about being my own advocate. There will be a point and time when I won't have the strength. We are not there yet and if I have my way about it, we won't be there for a long time.

Thanks for listening to the ramblings of an old woman!

Back to Fabulous Friday - Go out and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...