Monday, September 6, 2021

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Chicken Dance Song I do not own the rights to this music or the picture below.

In my last post I was talking about my struggle with dizziness. Is it over? I won't say that. But I will say that on this labor day holiday I am dizzy free! Whoop!

I was still dizzy on and off through yesterday. I took one of the "vertigo" pills the doctor prescribed as a shot in the dark. I'm not a fan. Did it help with the dizziness? Yes, but I felt like I was in a fog that carried over to today. But... the fog is not dizziness. I can operate in a fog (it's that post sleeping pill feeling, if you've ever taken a sleeping pill before). Some will say I stay in a fog, hehe!

I've had more energy and appetite than I've had in two weeks. I've done dishes, folded laundry, DROVE TO THE STORE!! I even made cookies. Shut the front door! This gal is out of control! I can see those of you reading this going, "Oh, Pulease! I do these things every day!". You have a point ... except I haven't been able to do these things because the dizziness was so bad. 

Before you freak out, I had to pass a test before I was "allowed" to drive. Hubby made me walk up and down our very long hallway without touching walls for balance. I passed. Plus, he thought I was just driving to the little store by the house ... which was my intent. Like many women, I changed my mind and drove all the way to WALMART! What a renegade! I called hubby when I got to Walmart to tell him where I was. I knew it would take me longer to get the few things I wanted and get home than had I gone to the little store. I didn't want him to worry. When I got back, I was so excited about my accomplishment! I felt I had won a marathon. I felt like Rocky!

Although I've hated these past two weeks, I am so happy and so blessed! I will no longer complain about having to do mundane chores. Well, I might for a hot second. And then I will remember what these past two weeks have been like. How miserable I was, how my independence was stripped away. I felt so helpless. It's a horrible feeling.

What's next? I'm not sure. I know I want to try walking with Mike and Sam in the morning. We're playing it by ear. I will definitely be sending a note to my doctor about a dizzy-free day and hopes that it continues during my chemo off week. If it does, I know I can handle this chemo when it starts up again using the little virtigo pill once a day to stave off the dizziness and other strategies to minimize the impact. If it still means no driving during the chemo weeks, I can live with that. 

Right now, I feel like a winner!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 The End of the Road All - Vicki Jo Bishop passed away on February 25, 2022 after a multi-year battle with metastatic breast cancer. She was...